[gdal-dev] Lat/Long to WGS84 image co-ordinate conversion

Ian Walberg ian.walberg at airborne.aero
Mon Apr 1 12:49:07 PDT 2013

Folks,

I am sure this is the wrong list and I am sure I will describe what we
need wrongly but please be gentle J

We are using full up mapserver installations for a number of projects
and now need to build a small application which uses map tiles with city
labels displayed on the tiles.

The application has to be written in native QT/QML and we cannot see a
way of using something like OpenLayers to display the labels.

So here is the real question, how do we take the sqlite databases we
have an generate the tile X Y Z and pixel x/y for each city using
existing utilities? We were hoping one of the GDAL or OGR utils did this
but cannot work out which or how.

Thanks

Ian