[gdal-dev] OGR GML writer dataset creation options not working

Matt Langley mlangley at geoplex.com.au
Wed Apr 3 22:46:58 PDT 2013

I'm trying to convert some shapefiles to GML using both ogr2ogr and python
code. In both cases I'm having trouble making the 'dataset creation options'
work preoperly.

Setting the XSISCHEMAURI seems to work. i.e

/ogr2ogr -f GML test.gml shape_folder -dsco XSISCHEMAURI=http:\\mytest.com/

If I set PREFIX to something other than 'ogr' I still see 'ogr' as the
prefix in the output files. i.e.

/ogr2ogr -f GML test.gml shape_folder -dsco PREFIX=tst/

If I set the format to GML3 I am still getting an output XSD for GML2. i.e.

/ogr2ogr -f GML test.gml shape_folder -dsco FORMAT=GML3/

I also can't seem to get XSISCHEMA, TARGET_NAMESPACE, GML3_LONGSRS or
SPACE_INDENTATION to work.

I'm sure I am doing something wrong. Have been playing with this all day and
can't work out what. I get the same behaviour setting these options in
python code when calling the CreateDataSource method.

I have a very recent standard install of FWTools (2.4.7).

Help appreciated, as I need to be able to set the FORMAT, TARGET_NAMESPACE
etc.

Cheers,
Matt