[gdal-dev] OGR GML writer dataset creation options not working

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Apr 4 01:03:43 PDT 2013

Selon Matt Langley <mlangley at geoplex.com.au>:

> I'm trying to convert some shapefiles to GML using both ogr2ogr and python
> code. In both cases I'm having trouble making the 'dataset creation options'
> work preoperly.
>
> Setting the XSISCHEMAURI seems to work. i.e
>
> /ogr2ogr -f GML test.gml shape_folder -dsco XSISCHEMAURI=http:mytest.com/
>
> If I set PREFIX to something other than 'ogr' I still see 'ogr' as the
> prefix in the output files. i.e.
>
> /ogr2ogr -f GML test.gml shape_folder -dsco PREFIX=tst/
>
> If I set the format to GML3 I am still getting an output XSD for GML2. i.e.
>
> /ogr2ogr -f GML test.gml shape_folder -dsco FORMAT=GML3/
>
> I also can't seem to get XSISCHEMA, TARGET_NAMESPACE, GML3_LONGSRS or
> SPACE_INDENTATION to work.
>
> I'm sure I am doing something wrong. Have been playing with this all day and
> can't work out what. I get the same behaviour setting these options in
> python code when calling the CreateDataSource method.
>
> I have a very recent standard install of FWTools (2.4.7).

FWTools is not exactly "recent". It is no longer maintained and ships with a pre
version of GDAL 1.6 if I remember correctly. The options PREFIX and
TARGET_NAMESPACE are documented as being available in GDAL 1.10, which is not
yet released (in a few weeks hopefully). However they are already implemented in
the current developmenet version. If you want a Windows build of it, have a look
at http://gisinternals.com/sdk/ (the "MSVCXXXX (WinYY) -development" packages at
the top of the first array)