[gdal-dev] Unable to open datasource SDE - but I have plugin all installed etc etc. What I am I missing.

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Sun Apr 7 17:18:36 PDT 2013

I have gdal 1.9.2. I have copied in the 3 SDE dlls. I have copied
OGR_SDE and GDAL_SDE dlls in the plugins 1.9 area and I have got around
the requests for debug MS dlls. At the end of all that, I still get:

Unable to open datasource `SDE: etc' with the following drivers.
   -> ESRI Shapefile
   -> MapInfo File
   -> UK .NTF
   -> SDTS
   -> TIGER
   -> S57
   -> DGN
   -> VRT
   -> REC
   -> Memory
   -> BNA
   -> CSV
   -> NAS
   -> GML
   -> GPX
   -> LIBKML
   -> KML
   -> GeoJSON
   -> Interlis 1
   -> Interlis 2
   -> GMT
   -> SQLite
   -> ODBC
   -> PGeo
   -> MSSQLSpatial
   -> OGDI
   -> PostgreSQL
   -> MySQL
   -> PCIDSK
   -> XPlane
   -> AVCBin
   -> AVCE00
   -> DXF
   -> Geoconcept
   -> GeoRSS
   -> GPSTrackMaker
   -> VFK
   -> PGDump
   -> GPSBabel
   -> SUA
   -> OpenAir
   -> PDS
   -> WFS
   -> HTF
   -> AeronavFAA
   -> Geomedia
   -> EDIGEO
   -> GFT
   -> SVG
   -> CouchDB
   -> Idrisi
   -> ARCGEN
   -> SEGUKOOA
   -> SEGY
   -> XLS

What else do I have to do??

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.