[gdal-dev] Compile GDAL/OGR with SOSI support

Graeme B. Bell grb at skogoglandskap.no
Mon Apr 8 06:50:47 PDT 2013

Hi there

> Can somebody give me a hint on how to compile GDAL/OGR with support for the
> Norwegian SOSI format?

Not sure about this since I haven't done it myself, but some things to investigate would be:

1

grep -r "sosi" in the source. For me, with the svn version of gdal, this brings up:

nmake.opt:#SOSI_INC_DIR = e:/sosi
nmake.opt:#SOSI_LIBS = e:/sosi/FYBA.lib e:/sosi/GM.lib e:/sosi/UT.lib

you could edit it to reflect your local libraries and try again.

2

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3638
"	• To actually include SOSI support on windows you will have to edit the makefile.vc files in ogrsf_frmts to include:
		• "sosi" in DIRLIST
		• "sosi\*.obj" and the three FYBA .lib files in the "lib" list
	• and ogrsf_frmts/generic to include:
		• "-DSOSI_ENABLED" in BASEFORMATS (or make it optional)"

Did you do this?

3

Save the compiler output to a log and grep for 'sosi' to see if an error is preventing the compile.

4

Contact the devs directly, ask for advice. Create an account on trac, file a bug, or message them directly.

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/3638

In particular, 'relet' may be able to walk you through whatever he/she did to build it on linux, if you ask nicely.

Graeme.