[gdal-dev] Missing geometry type when using ogr2ogr to write FileGDB

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 10:10:49 PDT 2013

Many thanks for the quick reply, Even!

You're right, it seems to work with Shapefile - but not for the WFS reader
(and own server) we are testing...

Below you find the GML output of our WFS source.

So is the "fault" in the WFS reader - or even in our WFS Response XML?

Yours, Stefan

Testing OpenPOIMap WFS Service

Get all hostels of Switzerland from OpenStreetMap database
("tourism=hostel"). Response edited:

GetCapabilities:
http://openpoimap.ch/featureserver/workspace.cgi?key=HG4kFX2kEEqBSqvcswuh2E&SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=GetCapabilities
Response => (...)

GetFeature:
http://openpoimap.ch/featureserver/workspace.cgi?key=HG4kFX2kEEqBSqvcswuh2E&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetFeature&TYPENAME=pois&SRSNAME=EPSG:4326

Response =>
<wfs:FeatureCollection
  xmlns:fs="http://example.com/featureserver"
  xmlns:wfs="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"
  xmlns:gml="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
  xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengeospatial.net//wfs/1.0.0/WFS-basic.xsd">

  <gml:featureMember gml:id="-324390">
    <fs:pois fid="-324390">
      <fs:way>
        <gml:Point srsName="EPSG:4326">
          <gml:coordinates decimal="." cs="," ts="
">6.59728931318,46.5195096642</gml:coordinates>
        </gml:Point>
      </fs:way>
      <fs:shop>None</fs:shop>
      <fs:amenity>None</fs:amenity>