[gdal-dev] Cropping to another image?

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Apr 23 11:15:25 PDT 2013

--j,
I you wanted to use the gdal utility programs , you can use gdalinfo to get
the extent of the first image and use gdal_translate -projwin with the
coordinates you captured from the first command.  There are a couple of
ways to pythonify those two commands or other python methods  into a single
script for batch processing, see http://www.gdal.org/gdal_tutorial.html

Doug

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 12:47 PM, Jonathan Greenberg <jgrn at illinois.edu>wrote:

> GDALers:
>
> Is there a way to easily crop one image to the the extent of another image?
>
> --j
>
> --
> Jonathan A. Greenberg, PhD
> Assistant Professor
> Global Environmental Analysis and Remote Sensing (GEARS) Laboratory
> Department of Geography and Geographic Information Science
> 607 South Mathews Avenue, MC 150
> Urbana, IL 61801
> Phone: 217-300-1924
> http://www.geog.illinois.edu/~jgrn/
> AIM: jgrn307, MSN: jgrn307 at hotmail.com, Gchat: jgrn307, Skype: jgrn3007

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.