[gdal-dev] FileGDB Driver coordinate system support

Saulteau Don sault.don at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 20:02:42 PDT 2013

I've imported data from a FileGDB to PostGIS when it was stored using EPSG
3005 so it definitely works and is supported by the FileGDB API.

I tested your data and got the same result on the test3005.gdb, no layers
in the output - the file GDB may be corrupt because QGIS won't even open it
and complains about it being an unrecognised data source or it's just
empty...

So I checked out your test4326.gdb and that works and so did the output
file I was able to reproject using:

ogr2ogr -f "FileGDB" new3005.gdb -s_srs EPSG:4326 -t_srs EPSG:3005
dir4326/test4326.gdb upcheak_landapp4326

Notice how at the very end I've told it what layer in the FileGDB to look
for when re-projecting and not just the input FileGDB. Maybe you were just
missing the input layer? But the file you get from running that command
should work for importing to postgis.

Donovan