[gdal-dev] Can't combine crop_to_cutline & -t_srs ?

Reaves, Timothy treaves at silverfieldstech.com
Thu Aug 15 06:25:47 PDT 2013

I'm converting some GeoPDF files to TIFF.  I want to crop, and I need to
re-project.  I can do one or the other, but, when I combine them, all I get
is a black output.

The base command is:
gdalwarp -multi -co "TILED=YES" infile.pdf outfile.tiff --config
GDAL_PDF_LAYERS_OFF "Map_Collar","Map_Frame.Projection_and_Grids"

Then, I use either:
-crop_to_cutline -cutline cutline.csv -overwrite
or
-t_srs EPSG:3785

Either of these works.  Just not both.  Are the two options mutually
exclusive?

As an aside, when cropping, how do I make the area outside of the image
transparent instead of black?

Thanks.