[gdal-dev] regarding DGN v8

Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) bertelli at charta.acme.com
Mon Aug 19 22:55:35 PDT 2013

Hello Shubham,
DGN v 8 is a completely different format; it's a derivative of Autodesk DWG
even if the dgn extension stays the same.
There are "open" libraries developed by Open Design Alliance (
http://www.opendesign.com). They are not really open source, they disclose
some information for developers and there are free (as in free beer)
libraries and converters/viewers.
Some true open source library has already been developed in java (for DWG -
see Orbis CAD), but I have never seen anything for DGN 8.
Sorry.