[gdal-dev] gdal utilities question

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 08:29:33 PST 2013

Dennis,

You can create a new raster with the pixel values scaled to one bit so that
all you have is zero for no color and one for any color. Use gdal_translate
with the -scale option. The exact method depends on the data. Then you are
essentially ignoring the color.

Contours are set as lines instead of polygons because they terminate at the
raster edges.

Chaitanya Kumar CH