[gdal-dev] How to open Erdas Imagine .ige (Large Raster Spill File) Format with gdal

Jun Xiong jun.xiong1981 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 19:20:42 PST 2013

HI Etienne:

Thank you for your reply.  Actually I did initialized pszFilename. I just
omit parts of the codes to make it readable.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM, Etienne Tourigny
<etourigny.dev at gmail.com>wrote:

> you have not initialized you variable pszFilename, try replacing it with
> the actual file name of the file, or setting the contents of the variable.
>

> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 12:06 AM, Jun Xiong <jun.xiong1981 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi All:
>>
>> I have a Erdas .ige file (>=100GB) which was generated by gdal utility
>> gdal_merge.py,  then I want to use gdal API to open it, like following:
>>
>>     GDALDatasetH  hDataset;
>>>     char *pszFilename;
>>>     GDALAllRegister();
>>>     hDataset = GDALOpen(pszFilename, GA_ReadOnly);
>>

>> The program was compiled successfully, but when I tried to run it, the
>> system prompt
>>
>>  Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>>

>> And nothing else, I googled such information and then found very hard to
>> locate the bugs. And ideas? Very appreciated.
>>
>> Jun

Jun Xiong, Ph.D.
U.S. Geological Survey
2255 North Gemini Drive, Flagstaff, Arizona - 86001, USA.
Office: 928-556-7215
Fax:    928-556-7169