[gdal-dev] ISO WKB

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Dec 17 01:03:01 PST 2013

Selon Paul Ramsey <pramsey at cleverelephant.ca>:

> Back to this, is it OK?

As said in http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/gdal-dev/2013-December/037738.html,
I feel a bit unconfortable with the extension of the OGRwkbGeometryType
enumeration that has possible impacts on other parts of OGR. There's perhaps a
time where we will touch it, but I'd expect it to ideally embrace Z, M, ZM,
circular geometries at once. And that would deserve a RFC.

What do you think of keeping it an internal enumeration of OGR, since that's
probably all you need for now ?

"Or have a separate OGRwkbIsoGeometryType enumeration { wkbPointIso, ...
wkbGeometryCollectionIso, wkbPointIsoZ, ... wkbGeometryCollectionIsoZ }, a
getIsoGeometryType() method that returns it, and the exportToWkb() methods
that calls int getGeometryType(OGRwkbVariant eVariant) { return (eVariant ==
wkbVariantOgc) ? getGeometryType()  : getIsoGeometryType(); }"

I'd be happy to hear about other GDAL developers opinion on this.

> How are we patching back to SVN? I can convert
> it into a patch and attach to a ticket, if that's the path.

git-svn can be used to bridge the 2 worlds, but in my recent experience it has
been painful to use. So generating a patch and applying it is probably easier.

Even

--
Geospatial professional services