[gdal-dev] ISO WKB

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Dec 17 12:32:23 PST 2013

Le mardi 17 décembre 2013 21:16:25, Dmitriy Baryshnikov a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I afraid that we come to situation where:
>
> getGeometryType()
> getIsoGeometryType()
> getRFCGeometryType()
> getBlahBlahGeometryType()
>
> Why not have only one method and only one enum (as GDAL origin - single
> abstract data model to the calling application for all supported formats).
> I think all ISO specific things should be internal and driver specific.
> So, we will get single GDAL enum of geom types.

I don't see it a problem if we have different getXXXGeometryType() or
exportToXXXX() methods in OGRGeometry, provided that they document well the
standard/document they implement. The ISO WKB encoding is a standard, so it
can be a legitimate interface of OGRGeometry, and could potentially be used in
several drivers ( actually if you look at OGRSpatialReference class it has a
lot of import / export methods to various exotic formats, only used by one
driver ).

--
Geospatial professional services