[gdal-dev] ISO WKB

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Tue Dec 17 13:50:59 PST 2013

Le mardi 17 décembre 2013 22:38:26, Paul Ramsey a écrit :
> OK, so hide the ISO types from the outside world. No problem.
>
> Is it OK to have getGeometryType and exportToWkb accept wkbVariant
> optional parameters?

For exportToWkb(), it is just a matter of taste whether to add an optional
parameter or to have a dedicated method.

For getGeometryType(), as it returns a OGRwkbGeometryType, you can't add an
optional parameter to return values other than OGRwkbGeometryType.
My latest proposal was to have a - protected - "int
getGeometryType(wkbVariant)  { return
(eVariant == wkbVariantOgc) ? getGeometryType()  :
getIsoGeometryType(); }" and a public OGRwkbIsoGeometryType
getIsoGeometryType().

--
Geospatial professional services