[gdal-dev] orginfo unable to open GPX file

Brett Walker brett.walker at geometryit.com
Mon Feb 4 20:14:16 PST 2013

HI,

I have compiled GDAL/OGR with support for GPX files. 'ogrinfo -formats' reports '-> "GPX" (read/write)'. This I take as being good  that GPX support is enabled.

When I run  the following command: 'ogrinfo -ro -al Track_003.gpx' it reports:

FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `Track_003.gpx' with the following drivers.

With a list of drivers; GPX being one of  them.

'Track_003.gpx' is in the current directory.

What could be wrong? What to look for? How to solve this problem?

Brett

Brett Walker <brett.walker at geometryit.com<mailto:brett.walker at geometryit.com>>
Software Developer / Analyst
Geometry Pty Ltd

Telephone               03 6223 1999
Mobile                     0458 498 386
Fax                          03 6223 1988
Web                        www.geometryit.com<http://www.geometryit.com/>
Address                   31 Salamanca Square, Battery Point, TAS 7004, Australia