[gdal-dev] orginfo unable to open GPX file

Brett Walker brett.walker at geometryit.com
Tue Feb 5 15:05:35 PST 2013

Hi Richard,

After further investigation I suspect that it is the configuration of my Linux box. It reports that it is GPX enabled but after adding an XML header (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>) to the file it reported that it cannot find the expat library. This is more informative that the error message I posted the other day. Are tests done on the reading of GPX file without the XML header?

Windows is my native platform, so with my lack of experience, I may have screwed up the environment. I feel that it is more likely to be my problem rather than GDAL's.

After assessing our business needs, using GDAL/OGR to read GPX is a bit excessive. We have decided to write out own XML parser to read GPX. So my desire to have this problem resolved has disappeared.

I'm happy to file a ticket with a GPX file attached but this could create unnecessary work. Is it warranted now?

Brett