[gdal-dev] Issue with GDAL WCS 1.1.x request

Robert Kulawik rob-news at gmx.de
Fri Feb 8 08:44:12 PST 2013

Hi List,

i try to request my Geoserver WCS (GS version 2.2.x, request 1.1.x) with
GDAL 1.9.1.

Here is the coverage description from Geoserver:
http://193.175.162.189/geoserver/wcs?request=DescribeCoverage&identifiers=raster_example_20130208_113005_078&VERSION=1.1.0
http://193.175.162.189/geoserver/wcs?request=DescribeCoverage&identifiers=raster_example_20130208_113005_078&VERSION=1.1.1

When i specify the version in the GDAL request, e.g.
<WCS_GDAL>
<ServiceURL>http://193.175.162.189/geoserver/wcs?</ServiceURL>
<CoverageName>raster_example_20130208_113005_078</CoverageName>
<Version>1.1.0</Version>
</WCS_GDAL>

i get the response:
C:\OSGeo4W\bin>gdalinfo wcs.xml
ERROR 1: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The specified dimensional
parameter is non-positive.
The specified dimensional parameter is non-positive.
gdalinfo failed - unable to open 'wcs.xml'.

I asked this with a other background in the Geoserver-user list:
http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Issue-with-noValue-in-WCS-coverageOfferings-tp5033051.html

and it seems, GDAL does not consider the axis swiching in WCS 1.1.x
It is possible to specify (or add) the axis order in the GDAL request?

Has someone a solution or a idea for this?
Thanks in advance
Robert