[gdal-dev] Virtual Filesystem Question(s)

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Sat Feb 9 15:41:43 PST 2013

Le dimanche 10 février 2013 00:23:37, Stephen Woodbridge a écrit :
> On 2/9/2013 6:03 PM, Jukka Rahkonen wrote:
> > Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri <at> swoodbridge.com> writes:
> >> Just a followup to this, I have downloaded gdal-1.9.2 and get the same
> >> results. So no joy there.
> >>
> >> -Steve
> >
> > Perhaps vsicurl_streaming that is also mentioned in the same blog is
> > something worth trying.
>
> Yeah, I saw that. I may or may not be able to build trunk on this
> machine depending on the dependencies that needs as more of the
> libraries are fairly dated.
>
> But more importantly, I think this is a bug. I'm happy to write it up
> but it would be nice to get some confirmation. At the moment, I'm review
> the source code to see if I can see a problem there.

Well, I rather think that there's a bug in your PHP script, because curl -r
0-16383 http://www.google.fr works even if the returned file is < 16383

whereas :

curl -r 0-16383 http://example.com/ws/test-pg.php hangs

Or it is a bug in libcurl itself.

I haven't checked the RFCs, but all tests I have done before against Apache or
IIS servers show that asking for more than the file size work.