[gdal-dev] Converting ecw to tif for Geoserver

Paul Meems bontepaarden at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:36:04 PST 2013

I've uploaded my GeoTiff to my GeoServer after I called nearblack -white on
the result of gdaladdo.
This tiff did have some white artefacts, but they are not visually blocking
as you can see here:
http://www.smartdakscan.nl/website/tmp/artifacts.png
http://www.smartdakscan.nl/website/tmp/artifacts-zoom.png

I did use the "input transparent color" in GeoServer and it is working
great.
I can now continue with my task.
When I'm done I'll do some more experimenting with different order of steps
and different compression to get a clean tiff.

Thanks all for your help!

Paul

 *Paul Meems *
Release manager, configuration manager