[gdal-dev] compile gdal with xml support

Bernd Kamjunke bernd.kamjunke at csogis.de
Wed Feb 13 05:36:20 PST 2013

Hello 2 all!

I am forced to compile the newest gdaldev version by myself with expat and xerces support.
I did the necessary changes in nmake.opt like described on
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/BuildingOnWindows Basic and Advanced Options.
First I got some LNK1104 Errors due to bad file paths to expat and xerces but
now the makegdal10 solution compiles well.
I am not sure about the WIN64 Option I activated. I changed the compile options
in VS to 64Bit too but is there some more to do???

My errors trying to use ogr2ogr like that:
FOR %%i IN ("%NAS_SOURCE_PFAD%%NAS_SOURCE_ORDNER%\*.xml") DO (%ogr2% --debug ON -f "SQLite" -gt 1024 -append -skipfailures %NAS_DESTINATION%  -a_srs EPSG:25832 %%i delete)
are like this:
ERROR 1: Unable to create Xerces C++ or Expat based GML reader, Xerces or Expat support
not configured into GDAL/OGR.
ERROR 1: File C:\ALKIS\xyz.xml appears to be GML but the GML reader can't
be instantiated, likely because Xerces or Expat support wasn't configured in.

I tried a lot more, like compiling expad and xerces myself which worked to
but finally I get the same error using ogr2ogr.

What more to check??? Thanks for any kind of help!

My working System is
Win 7, 64 Bit, VS 2010

PS Why I need the latest version of gdal:
In 1.9.2 the handling of German ALKIS-Data (NAS-Interface, xml files) has a
bug which was already fixed by Frank Jaeger.
Bernd Kamjunke
CSO GmbH
Informations-Lösungen
Forsthausstrasse 2
75180 Pforzheim
Fon     +49 (0) 72 31 . 97 35 63 (direkt)
Fon     +49 (0) 72 31 . 97 35 10 (Zentrale)
Fax      +49 (0) 72 31 . 97 35 90
eMail  Bernd.Kamjunke at csogis.de<mailto:Bernd.Kamjunke at csogis.de>
web    www.csogis.de<BLOCKED::www.csogis.de>

Geschäftsführer  Jörg Schempf, Dipl.-Ing. (FH)
Amtsgericht Mannheim . HRB 503836
UST-ID  DE 144 17 16 31