[gdal-dev] Multiple extensions in GDAL_DMD_EXTENSION ?

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:39:59 PST 2013

It would be nice to be able to specify many extensions in a
comma-separated list such as "nc,cdf,nc4". It can probably be done
(metadata is just a string), but isn't standard.

The Gdal driver tutorial states:
GDAL_DMD_EXTENSION: The extension used for files of this type. If more
than one pick the primary extension, or none at all. (optional)

It could be beneficial to extend this definition for multiple
extensions separated by comma.

cheers
Etienne