[gdal-dev] Suppressing GDAL error output globally/by default in a Java application

Stefan Moebius stefan.moebius at actix.com
Mon Feb 25 08:11:41 PST 2013

Hi,

I'm using GDAL (1.7.3) from within JBoss. Having GDAL report errors to stderr obviously isn't that helpful in such an environment.

Now I found that in native code, I could just call CPLSetErrorHandler() to get rid of this issue. However, in Java, there only seems to be PushErrorHandler(), which is documented as being thread-local.

How can I suppress error output globally (or by default) from Java?
Is there an option I could set after initializing GDAL?

Regards,
Stefan
Actix is the trading name of Actix Limited, with registered offices at:
200 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 7DL, United Kingdom.
Actix Limited is registered in England and Wales with company no.
02660615 and VAT no. GB 858742087. Managing Director of Actix Limited: Bill McHale.

Actix GmbH is registered in (Sitz der Gesellschaft): Dresden, Germany with company no. Handelsregister Amtsgericht Dresden
HR B 19204 and VAT no. (Ust-IDNr.) DE 813 115 475. Managing
Director of Actix GmbH (Geschaeftsfuehrer): Bill McHale.

Information in this message is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender, and please delete the message from your system
immediately.  The statements and opinions expressed in this
message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect
those of Actix.

Whilst Actix takes every effort to ensure this message is virus
free it cannot guarantee that this is the case. It is the
recipient's responsibility to carry out such virus checks as
it deems necessary