[gdal-dev] Georeference EUMETSAT's NDVI (hdf5)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 25 11:54:41 PST 2013

Johannes,

I do not believe you can refer to spatialreference.org coordinate
systems using the SR-ORG:<n> format.  I see things may work with:

gdalsrsinfo http://spatialreference.org/ref/sr-org/81/

If the HDF5 datasets have an affine transformation set already in the
geostationary projection you may find that this works:

gdalwarp -s_srs http://spatialreference.org/ref/sr-org/81/ -t_srs
<yourchoice> in.tif out.tif

to reproject or or even:

gdal_translate -a_srs  http://spatialreference.org/ref/sr-org/81/ in.tif out.tif

to just assign the coordinate system to the file.

If the source file doesn't have the affine transformation set properly
you will need to set that too with gdal_translate, using -a_ullr.

In cases like this it is helpful to provide an http/ftp pointer to a
single dataset demonstrating the issue if they are public.

Best regards,
Frank