[gdal-dev] Ogr2Ogr OGR_STYLE Query

Ben Crane curtly.boon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 03:43:05 PST 2013

Hi all,

I have a relatively simple initial query. When I upload a MapInfo TAB file
into PostGIS using Ogr2Ogr and specifying the OGR_STYLE column to be added
to the upload I get a nice text field such as:
"SYMBOL(a:0,c:#d10000,s:12pt,id:"mapinfo-sym-72,ogr-sym-1",o:#ffffff)"

Now, one small problem with this is that the mapinfo-sym-72 refers to a
specific True Type Font family within the application called "MapInfo
Transportation" and therefore you can have mapinfo-sym-72 referring to
potentially different font styles. In OGR2OGR it looks like it's just the
default compatible fonts.

Is there any way of either specifying the font family to be used or adding
additional MapInfo fonts to the OGR2OGR library otherwise I just get
standard MapInfo Compatible fonts and therefore miss out on loads of other
possible font types.

Cheers,
Ben