[gdal-dev] which formats support subdatasets?

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 04:40:31 PST 2013

Hi,

I'd just like to point out a patch I have submitted to report which
raster drivers support subdatasets, using the DMD_SUBDATASETS metadata
item.
I have also modified gdalinfo and format docs.

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4902

For example:

$ gdalinfo --format hdf4
Format Details:
  Short Name: HDF4
  Long Name: Hierarchical Data Format Release 4
  Extension: hdf
  Help Topic: frmt_hdf4.html
  Supports: Subdatasets

Regards,