[gdal-dev] RPC transform

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 16 10:47:59 PST 2013

Yehiyam,

I do not see why you think the AREA_OR_POINT value ought to have any
influence on how DEM values are interpolated.

Note that a PixelIsPoint GeoTIFF file will already result in a GDAL
GeoTransform that is offset by half a pixel.  The GDAL GeoTransform always
treats pixels as areas, and GDAL interpolators - presumably including the
for RPCs - should treat the pixel value as being at the center of the pixel
area for the purpose of interpolation (regardless of whether that value is
point or area).

On the other hand, I am denying the possibility that the RPC DEM
interpolation is always off by half a pixel.  I haven't actually looked
closely at that code lately and the RPC code is not so very well tested and
validated.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com