[gdal-dev] Creating Raster using Spatial Coordinates (Latitude and Longitude)

Chaitanya kumar CH chaitanya.ch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 00:33:21 PST 2013

Dheeraj,

OGR's CSV driver[1] can read your vector data.
You have to decide how to represent your data in a raster. Interpolate
missing areas, set nodata pixels or something else.

Have a look at the gdal_rasterize utility[2].

[1]: http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_csv.html
[2]: http://www.gdal.org/gdal_rasterize.html

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:56 AM, Dheeraj Reddy Mamidi <
drmamidi at rothwellgroup.com> wrote:

> I am using C# Gdal library.
>

> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Dheeraj Reddy Mamidi <
> drmamidi at rothwellgroup.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to create a Raster using grid of points(with latitude and
>> longitude values) within an area which are separated at a distance measured
>> in degrees. At higher latitudes the number of samples reduce that is number
>> of points for a row reduces.
>>
>> When distance between points is determined with a fixed degree, how do I
>> create a raster where the number of columns for higher latitudes reduces ?
>> In this case, points for grid at higher latitudes are not exactly above the
>> points at lower latitudes. Can some one suggest a way to create raster for
>> spatial coordinates in this case?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dheeraj
>>

> --