[gdal-dev] out-db postgis raster issue

AndyT andy at centremaps.co.uk
Tue Jan 22 02:15:44 PST 2013

Hi,

I've come across the following issue when trying to use an out of database
filesystem raster using PostGIS 2.0 and loading into a couple of GIS. One
GIS wouldn't show any image and QGIS came back with the following issue
which i've also posted on the QGIS forum...

I'm starting to user PostGIS 2.0 raster and can use in database images ok
but seem to be struggling with out-db / filesystem rasters. With a larger
image i was just getting qgis falling over but with a smaller image i am now
getting back the following:

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5028924/qgisoutput.png>

The image used is an RGB TIFF without internal tiling and is uncompressed.
Size 400 by 400 px:

<http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/file/n5028924/sourceimage.png>

I loaded the file using:

raster2pgsql -I -C -r -e -Y -d -R -F -s 27700 C:\rastertest\100mtest.tif
tablename | psql -U username -d database -h localhost -p 5432

I appreciate that this might be down to the gdal PostGIS Raster driver so
i'm also posting there.

Any thoughts on errors i might be making would be great

Thanks

Andy