[gdal-dev] GDAL/OGR 1.10.0 Beta1 Question

reinaldo at geodesign.com.br reinaldo at geodesign.com.br
Wed Jan 23 04:39:22 PST 2013

Frank,

The reason I asked is because very few cameras with GPS save photo images as Tiff. There are very few that also save it as proprietary RAW.

If the idea is to read the GPS EXIF Tags and output a GeoTiff, a Tiff reader will not reach most users of cameras with GPS. It should be a JPEG reader to be useful for users of the majority of cameras with GPS, that save the images as JPEG with EXIF tags.

I am a reseller of Ricoh and Fujifilm cameras with GPS and have developed a software (Geo Fotos Mapper) that extracts EXIF tags from images taken with most cameras with GPS and exports to several formats, such as point layer linked to the actual photo image as Shape, MapInfo, PostGIS/PostgreSQL and many others.

I have tested the software with photo images from different cameras with GPS, such as Ricoh, Fuji, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic, ikeGPS, etc. I have also tested different popular cameras with GPS against several official bench marks in Brazil in order to verify the accuracy of their GPS.

Reinaldo

 Reinaldo Escada Chohfi
 Sócio Gerente
 GeoDesign Internacional
 www.geodesign.com.br (http://www.geodesign.com.br)
 Tel./Fax: (12) 3153-5115
 Inteligência e Tecnologia Espacial de Ponta