[gdal-dev] libFileGDBAPI.so not found with compiling gdal 1.9.2 on openSUSE 12.2 x64.

Donovan Cameron sault.don at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 15:34:39 PST 2013

When I check-out the libgdal package and I run the osc build command, isn't
this building locally and not trying to *upload *any binaries? I thought
this chroot was in my local machine and only making changes there?

I was trying to keep this all a local build by following the instructions
at: https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Tutorial maybe I
misunderstood what "local" really means. Should I not be using osc to build
this and instead use the rpmbuild commands directly?

I'll explore those two options you've suggested, I was trying to do option
2, but kept running into permission issues when the source tarball for the
API was being extracted to the chroot environment at /usr/lib64 with
permission denied.

I'll read more on this stuff, thanks again.

I think I just need to read more on how to handle user permissions in the
spec file, so I'll take some time to read some more docs on bundling RPMs
from spec files.