[gdal-dev] GDAL WMS questions...

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 30 12:50:19 PST 2013

Carl,

I'm afraid I'm not clear on the intricacies  here either.  I think the
CRS and SRS elements are to override how the request is sent to the
remote WMS server while the <Projection> element is how the projection
is described to GDAL (as returned by GDALDataset::GetProjectionRef()).
 I believe these are not always the same thing because some WMS
servers have peculiar ways of naming/describing projections that might
not jive with what GDAL normally understands.

I could also be off base with this assumption.

Best regards,
Frank