[gdal-dev] convert linestring to point data

Tyler Mitchell Tyler.Mitchell at actian.com
Thu Jan 31 07:45:13 PST 2013

Hi Murat,
I put together a PYthon script that uses OGR, just for you actually :)

https://github.com/spatialguru/NME/blob/master/ogr_explode.py

Run it like:
python ogr_explode.py e34c3_line.shp output.csv

It doesn't automatically create a shape file but you can convert from CSV to a shapefile with one more step.  But let me know first if this works for you.  Depending on how the Z or 3D dimension is stored, it may only have zeros in the third column of the CSV.  Try it and let me know!

Tyler