[gdal-dev] GDAL v.1.10 and Python 3.3.2 - incompatible?

Casper Børgesen (CABO) CABO at NIRAS.DK
Tue Jul 2 02:59:32 PDT 2013

Hi everyone.

I’m trying to setup GDAL 1.10 and python 3.3.2 using the following binaries:

GDAL: http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/Download.aspx?file=release-1600-x64-gdal-mapserver\gdal-110-1600-x64-core.msi
Python: http://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.3.2/python-3.3.2.amd64.msi
GDAL for python: GDAL-1.10.0.win-amd64-py3.3.‌exe<javascript:;> from http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/

My PATH contains a reference to both the GDAL folder and the Python folder.

When entering python and entering:

>>>from osgeo import gdal

I get the following kinds of information:

The procedure entry point ?GetDefaultRAT at GDALRasterBand@@UEAAPEAVGDALRasterAttributeTable@@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library gdal110.dll. (This is presented in a Windows pop up).

ERROR 1: Can’t load requested DLL: ……\GDAL\gdalplugins\gdal_BAG.dll. 127: The specified procedure could not be found. (This is presented at the command line).
ERROR 1: Can’t load requested DLL: ……\GDAL\gdalplugins\...
…
ERROR 1: Can’t load requested DLL: ……\GDAL\gdalplugins\gdal_netCDF.dll. 127: The specified procedure could not be found.

The above path points (correctly) to my GDAL installation. I have no other GDAL left overs in my PATH.

I have previously done this for GDAL 1.9.2 and python 3.3.0 and they worked fine together – was I just too lucky then? Is there something I can do differently to solve my GDAL incompatibilities? I would prefer not to compile my self.

Regards

Casper