[gdal-dev] GDAL v.1.10 and Python 3.3.2 - incompatible?

Casper Børgesen (CABO) CABO at NIRAS.DK
Wed Jul 3 00:35:44 PDT 2013

Hi Christoph

Thank you for your answer. It works fine if I remove the other GDAL from the path, but it makes it very difficult to use Python with GDAL and the GDAL utilities in the same workflow.

Thanks for the clarification about "other GDAL builds".

I guess I was lucky the last time when I combined the two :)

Regards, Casper

-----Original Message-----
From: gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Christoph Gohlke
Sent: 2. juli 2013 19:24
To: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [gdal-dev] GDAL v.1.10 and Python 3.3.2 - incompatible?

As mentioned on the webpage, the GDAL-1.10.0.win-amd64-py3.3.‌exe installer includes all required files (Python package, DLLs, tools, and
data) and should not be used together with OSGeo4W or gdalwin32 (which implies also other GDAL builds). Mixing DLLs from different builds in PATH can not be expected to work. Does `from osgeo import gdal` work if after removing the GDAL folder from PATH?

Christoph