[gdal-dev] hillshading to vector

Carlo A. Bertelli (Charta s.r.l.) bertelli at charta.acme.com
Wed Jul 3 23:58:41 PDT 2013

Thanks a lot, Roger, it worked like a charm, just fiddling a little with
parameters and than run it in python.
It's really magic, I struggled with this question for two days before
writing to the list.
I think that instead of making another script you could add it as an option
to gdal_contour.py and use it alternatively with -l (default) or -p (output
to polygons).
By the way, another enhancement for gdal_contour could be adding an options
to cut the output with a line or polygon layer (say the shoreline or other
boundary).