[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr fail: crtExitProcess

Hilda Villegas hilda.villegas at navico.com
Thu Jul 4 11:48:37 PDT 2013

Hello,

I'm using the ogr2ogr.exe to convert ENC files to shapefiles, the program extract the object from the ENC and creates the shapefile successfully, but it fails before finish.

These are the parameters:

ogr2ogr.exe -skipfailures C:\temp\ogr2ogr_test\Shapefiles\US5CA71M\aRESARE.shp -nlt polygon C:\temp\ogr2ogr_test\Enc\US5CA71M\US5CA71M.000 RESARE

The program stopped at the crt0dat.c in the following section when I run it in debug mode:
void __cdecl __crtExitProcess (
        int status
        )
{
        __crtCorExitProcess(status);

        /*
         * Either mscoree.dll isn't loaded,
         * or CorExitProcess isn't exported from mscoree.dll,
         * or CorExitProcess returned (should never happen).
         * Just call ExitProcess.
         */

        ExitProcess(status);  <-----------
}

This is the error message:
"First-chance exception at 0x7761f9d2 in ogr2ogr.exe: 0xC0000008: An invalid handle was specified"

Any thought about why this happened is appreciated.

Best regards,

Hilda Villegas