[gdal-dev] ECW JPEG2000 SDK v5.0 now available

Tweedie, Chris Chris.Tweedie at intergraph.com
Sun Jul 14 20:35:57 PDT 2013

Hi list,

Due to overwhelming interest from GDAL-ers I have cross posted the announcement here. For general SDK questions please post to http://geospatial.intergraph.com/Community/forums/27.aspx

SDK v5.0 is now available for download @ http://geospatial.intergraph.com/products/other/ecw/ERDASECWJPEG2000SDK/Downloads.aspx

Highlights include,

. Linux platform support
. Visual Studio 2012 support (VC110)
. Removed TBB dependency
. Static and dynamic library support
. ECW v3 format
- uint16 support
- null blocks to optimally store and compress imagery with vast no-data or null areas
- improved metadata support, statistics, histogram, RPC native storage
. Improved image quality for ECW files (decoder only)
. Vast improvements to the JPEG2000 decoder in terms of performance and compatibility
. Significant encoding performance improvements
. Full unicode support
. Improved examples for encoding and decoding
. Now a single unified library, NCSEcw (.dll / .so)

We are sure it was worth the wait, but let me know if you disagree :-)

Chris