[gdal-dev] [BULK] Re: Dissolve shapefile using GDAL/OGR

Dan Strobridge dan.strobridge at westonsolutions.com
Fri Jul 19 11:14:05 PDT 2013

Thanks Evan.  I will try the workaround and use it until GDAL 1.10 has been incorporated into OSGeo4W.

Since you’ve brought up the OSGeo4W installer… mine says my gdal library is current (1.9.2-2) bu when I launch the shell I see the following, which suggests an older version is actually getting loaded.  You don’t happen to know how to resolve this, do you?

OSGEO4W home is C:\OSGeo4W\

                   -={ OSGeo4W Shell Commands }=-
find: unable to access ".exe": The system cannot find the file specified.
find: unable to access ".bat": The system cannot find the file specified.

GDAL 1.7.3, released 2010/11/10

Thanks so much,
Dan