[gdal-dev] Asking about Convert Dgn to Shp and OGRLayer::SetSpatialFilter

Jukka Rahkonen jukka.rahkonen at mmmtike.fi
Mon Jun 3 02:11:54 PDT 2013

taibc <taibc_coltech <at> yahoo.com> writes:

> Thanks Jukka,
>
> I uploaded the dgn file and shp files (after converting) at the link:
> http://www.mediafire.com/?aw830x9629j3x9q
> <http://www.mediafire.com/?aw830x9629j3x9q>
>
> Could you please download and check it ?
>
> Thanks and regards,

Hi,

I have only little experience on MicroStation design files and I do not know
if GDAL has done good work with finding the polygons from entities. However,
by opening your shp file with OpenJUMP I can find three polygons from that
place. One is the big one and then there are two identical small ones. See
http://latuviitta.org/documents/DGN_converted_into_shp_with_GDAL.png

Thus if you cannot select the small polygons with ArcMap is an ArcMap issue.
Perhaps there is some setting option for controlling how ArcMap behaves with
selecting polygons which are equal or overlapping/covering/covered
by/containing each other.

-Jukka Rahkonen-