[gdal-dev] How robust is OGRSpatialReference::GetAuthorityCode?

David Strip gdal at stripfamily.net
Thu Jun 6 21:50:26 PDT 2013

How well does OGRSpatialReference::GetAuthorityCode perform in the wild
when handed a WKT? In particular, if I have satellite imagery from
someplace in the world that was ortho-rectified in a "sane" manner to a
national or state projection with an conforming WKT, will this function
return an EPSG value?  (I realize "robust" is somewhat ill-defined, but
this is the best I could come up with in terms of my question. Sorry).