[gdal-dev] bugs: 2 examples of incorrect behaviour by gdal_rasterize with zero-polygon valid query result.

Graeme B. Bell grb at skogoglandskap.no
Wed Jun 12 10:58:20 PDT 2013

Also:

(using -init 255 will produce a TIFF with suitable nodata values in the second scenario I described, as a workaround.

However, gdal_rasterize still does not produce correct command line output in this situation, and also it should not be necessary for users to manually add a -init option and manually synchronise the value with the -a_nodata value to ensure valid output from gdal_rasterize)