[gdal-dev] Combining quantized png files in gdal2tiles

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Thu Jun 13 15:26:52 PDT 2013

 >Not sure to completely follow you ...

Okay, what goes on in gdal2tiles.py, is that after creating the base
tiles, (and in my version, they are quantised)  the base tiles are taken
in groups of 4, read into a new MEM driver raster to make a one tile,
then resampled down to size of base tile to create an overview. It is
repeated for each level up the tree. The rescaled output tile from this
process has lost all the orginal colour - its just variations of red.
Either in reading them into MEM or in the resampling, I have lost the
palette info.

Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential.
If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.
Do not copy or disclose the contents.