[gdal-dev] openev.py "classify" option

adi_khan adiba.nizami at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 03:39:27 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Using gdalwarp, I have generated two mosaic images for same area.
MOSAIC1 :One image is 2-byte(12-bit data values : 0-4095) and
MOSAIC2 : Another is 1-byte ( actually having 0-3 values only)

I am trying to view the images using openev.
First I open 2-byte mosaic (MOSAIC1) then I overlay 1-byte mosaic (MOSAIC2)
over it.

I click the classify button for the MOSAIC2 and choose discrete values as
classes, it lists only 1,3 and not 0 even though there is 0 in the mosaic.
I want to make all 0's transparent and see only 1,3 values regions overlaid
over 2-byte data.  For this , I usually set 0's class as transparent but
since 0 is not listed at all I am not able to set it transparent.
I tried to use "Add Class" option and added 0 class explicitly but that also
doesn't work.
[Using gdal 1.4.5 ]

The input images using which I generated the MOSAIC2 have 0's and on
clicking classify, 0 is also listed for them.
Can someone help me understand why only 1,3 are listed for MOSAIC2 inspite
of it having 0,1,3 values.