[gdal-dev] gdal_translate and gdal_retile

Moises Arcos moiarcsan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 05:12:40 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to fix a problem that I have.

I have created an Image Pyramid with Geoserver 2.3.0 but when I try to see
the layer on OpenLayers, the layer borders appear in black, so I can't see
correctly the layer, because of thats black borders.

I have done the next:

First I have execute the next command on tiles to convert to Image Pyramid:

*gdal_translate -a_nodata 0 <origin.tif> <target.tif>*

When I have executede this command, I executed the next one:

 *gdal_retile.py -levels 3 -ps 2048 2048 -co "TILED=YES" -co
"BLOCKXSIZE=256" -co "TILED=YES" -co "BLOCKXSIZE=256" -co "BLOCKYSIZE=256"
-targetDir tiles --optfile tiles.txt -s_srs EPSG:32719 -targetDir tiles
--optfile tiles.txt*

After that I try to make the Image Pyramid with Geoserver, but the result
is the same that at first, I preview the layer on Openlayers and it appears
with black borders.

I don't know what I must to do.

Any help, please???

Thank you