[gdal-dev] pcs.csv values don't match spatialreference.org

David Strip gdal at stripfamily.net
Wed Jun 26 22:44:17 PDT 2013

I'm working with some files in Maryland State Plane (US foot), and
autoIdentifyEPSG is failing. I tracked it down to what I suspect is the
problem -

my files and spatialreference.org show the standard parallels as 38.3
and 39.45, with a latitude of origin at 37.66666666
the pcs.csv file shows values of 38.18 and 39.27, with a latitude of
origin at 37.4 (I don't actually know how to match the csv columns to
the parameters, but these are the closest matching values).

Why does the pcs.csv differ from spatialreference.org, and what is the
appropriate strategy for fixing this?

Thanks

(and apologies for a cross-posting to stackexchange, which I posted
before I realized the difference between the two sources)

David