[gdal-dev] Newby: Compile gdal with perl on Windows / deployment

Helmut Seidel M.A. info at knowhow-la.de
Fri Mar 1 00:30:34 PST 2013

Hello again,

Thank you for your answers, which guided me through my first steps.
Yesterday I was quite happy to succeed compiling mapserver with perl
which is a first step. In compiling gdal I was not that lucky but got a
few millimeters forward.

I tried compiling with MinGW and mysys - and the --with-perl option.
gdal itself compiles ok but the perl-portion breaks up with a file not
found error (perl.h). I guess MinGW gets confused with the perl
installations (it tries to use the one that comes with mysys not the one
I installed in C:\Perl. Is there a way how to tell configure/make which
Perl to use?

I then tried the visualc option - which succeeded aswell, but without
perl. So here are two more questions (sorry for that):

 1. Is it possibible to tell Visualc to compile with perl (as in the
    --with-perl - option in MinGW)?
 2. Is it possible to first build gdal without perl and then install
    perl later?

Thanks again.

Helmut