[gdal-dev] WFS Axis order issue with projected coordinate system

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Wed Mar 6 10:12:54 PST 2013

Thanks Even.

So does this ticket account for this problem?

http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4329

Or do changes need to be applied in the WFS driver as well?

Yes the ISO/OGC people have made my job very hard here in NZ. As NZ's leading geospatial government department LINZ is tasked with pushing OGC standards to get interoperability going. But with all of NZ's 50+ projections being defined as Northing, Easting it's making it very hard to push with users. Because most WFS service talk the highest available version by default, it hard to get users to use and understand why they must use version 1.0.0. BTW it was a mistake that the axis order was set as North, East for NZ projections. In the EPSG submission it was not explicitly specified, rather EPSG inferred it!