[gdal-dev] Gdal Asynchronous IO

Allen Kempe allenck at windstream.net
Mon Mar 11 13:21:50 PDT 2013

In Rfc 24: GDAL Progressive Data Support it says that the metadata for a
driver will specify metadata item "DCAP_ASYNCIO" as yes if the driver
supports asynchronous IO. So, code like this should retrieve this option:
const char* s_asyncio = drv->GetMetadataItem("DCAP_ASYNCIO");
However, I have been unable to find any drivers that return "Yes".

So, is this the correct way to check whether a driver supports
asynchronous io?
Are there any drivers that currently support this besides Kadaku which I
don't have?

    Allen Kempe

http://acksoft.dyndns.biz/PictureGallery
298 W. Audubon Drive