[gdal-dev] Is GDALFPolygonize thread safe ?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 14 08:50:07 PDT 2013

Jeff,

I reviewed the polygonize code and I don't see any multi-threading
issues in it on quick inspection.

The algorithm does read from GDAL and write to OGR so it would also be
sensitive to issues with particular drivers.  The main GDAL drivers
(ie. GeoTIFF, MEM) should be fine.  For writing OGR drivers like
shapefile, or MEM should be ok.

I'm assuming each thread is writing to a distinct output OGR supported
datasource and layer.

No guarantees unfortunately.

Best regards,
Frank